Friday, November 4, 2011

Let's make Paella

     Paella is spanish fried rice with sea food or meat.  My first time to take paella was in Barcelona and I think that is the most tasty paella I have ever taken. Compared to tortilla de patata or Sangria,  Paella is more difficult to learn to cook for me because I cannot even make fried rice. Accordingly, if we want to learn how to make paella, my suggestion - learn fried rice firstly.

Firsly, let's talk about the History of Paella...

Paella was originally a laborers' meal, cooked over an open fire in the fields and eaten directly from the pan using wooden spoons. Seafood is rare in the fields of Valencia, which is why they used chicken, rabbit, duck and snails.

Valencia was a city where paella was originated from. My second  time to take Paella was in Valencia. To be honest, I was kinda disappointed of the paella there because I thought it was supposed to be paella with seafood rather than that with meat. After all, valencia is a city along side the sea.

Anyhow, I have found "how to make paella" video in youtube. Let's take a look at it together!


What a super huge paella...

 Here is the recipe:
INGREDIENTS:
1 small onion, finely chopped 1 green pepper, finely chopped
½ red pepper, boiled until soft and then cut into long thin strips
2 medium-sized tomatoes, skinned and finely chopped
2 carrots, finely chopped
100g peas, cooked
200g prawns
200g small clams
200g squid
12 mussels
350g rice 2 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
a pinch of saffron strands
a sprig of parsley, finely chopped
olive oil
about 800ml water
This is the paella I took in Valencia!!  jeje heard it's tasty.

GOODBYE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment