Saturday, November 5, 2011

the Introduction of Tapas

      Tapas is not a particular type of food. Anything can be tapas - tortilla de patata, croquettes, ham and cheese on toast..etc.  As long as it is small and served with drinks, like beer or sangria. Paella cannot be taken as one type of tapas because, normally, we eat paella without drinks.
    
      I like to eat my meals in bars because, firstly, it's cheaper compared to eat in restaurants; secondly, usually, we could have some free tapas, like chips, beans or some tiny things if ordering drinks.

Let me show some photos about me and tapas in bars......


   This is Spanish jamon(ham). Ham could be one of tapas ya!! Of course, I didn't take this photo in bar.. Just way too curious what it is when I astonishingly saw jamon in the supermarket.

this is french fried. Probably you are thinking,why is this special. But, it's truly special for me because it's the first time I went to bar having dinner with my friends in Spain.


The first time I was in bar with friends. It was like 11:00 o'clock then, and we were still having our DINNER.

Speak of that, let me tell you guys about the correct time for Spanish to have their meals....
Breakfast: around 8:00-9:00 depends what time they are going to school or work.
                    Lunch: approximately starts from 2:00. It's pretty late and that is the thing I couldnt' get used to in the first week.
                  Dinner: starts from 9:00 o'clock. But, those of my Spanish friends usually take their dinner  after  
                   10. Heard the more late we take our dinner, the easier we will gain our weight. But, I don't 
                    know why Spanish could always keep their figure fit.


See!! We were so Spanish. We had dinner with beers and only had tapas. And, we started our dinner at like 10:00.


Finally, the last photo...

Beer with lemon, coke and me.............................................................................

Hope you like the photos I share with my TAPAS:)

CIAO

2 comments:

  1. that French Fries!!!!!!!! look so delicious:)
    beer with lemon sounds cool that i have never heard about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah!!! Hey... Kyra, I cannot post a comment in ur blog.. so sad

    ReplyDelete